Thomas Jefferson’s Volleyball Coach Steps down

Back to Article
Back to Article

Head coach Bonnie Clinch (front row, left) poses with team members and coach Makenna Durham while volunteering at the Wilson Food Pantry in summer of 2019.

Submitted photo

Submitted photo

Submitted photo

Austin Hinrichs, Reporter

The Jackets head volleyball coach is leaving Thomas Jefferson High School.

Bonnie Clinch is moving to Kenya and she will start fresh there. Clinch has been the Head coach since 2015.

“Thank you for the years, TJHS. I learned so much and loved so much as head coach,” said coach Clinch in the Daily Nonpareil article published November 22.

For the past 10 years the Clinches have been helping the homeless in some capacity. She enjoys helping people and she feels like Kenya is the next step in pursuing that.

“TJ taught me a lot about overcoming and pushing the limits. It often seemed like there was a lot working against us, and finding success wasn’t always easy, but so often my girls would prove everyone wrong,” said Clinch.

Clinch also said, “I have been so honored to coach at TJ. I’ve made really great relationships and gotten to love on so many athletes. I am leaving with a heavy heart, and so appreciate everything I’ve received from being a Yellow Jacket.”

In a tweet on November 20, Clinch made the announcement public.

Tweet @bonbonthewonton Volleyball head coach Bonnie Clinch announces publicly that she will be moving to Kenya, thus stepping down as coach of the squad.

The job position has been posted on the CBCSD.org website, and the search for the next Thomas Jefferson volleyball coach is on.