Life as a Quarantined Student

Emily Eikenberry

Alex and I on one of my many walks.

Emily Eikenberry, Editor-in-Chief

Unfortunately, our governor has cancelled school for the rest of the year, which means that I won’t get to say my finally goodbyes or play my last sport as a high school athlete.

Life has been boring since I haven’t been able to go to school, but I have been doing stuff to keep me busy.

To begin my day, I wake up at noon usually and I start doing my college classes.

CE Calculus 2 is super hard without being in class and getting help with the homework, but Mrs. Young is trying her best to answer all of our questions online to try and help us.

CE Computer Science is easier than Calculus 2 because it is pretty self taught. Mrs. Hoag is also trying her best to get all the AP students done with all of that work, and trying to make sure the other students stay up to date so they can get the all college credit.

My day is mostly spent walking, being on Snapchat, playing Fortnite, or when my older sister is here, we play Monopoly every day.

I hate not being able to see my teachers or my friends everyday because they have helped me become the person I am today with being more open, taking risks, and most importantly to not back down on what I believe in because like what everyone says there is always two sides of a story and both sides need to be heard.

The one class I’m going to miss the most is Newspaper, even though I complained every day in that class. Rob Lindquist was one of the best teachers I could ever have, even though he knew the Eikenberrys so well that he could tell when we would roll our eyes without looking at us. On a serious note though, he taught me how to be a leader, manage teaching people, how to write, and even go into interviews. I would not trade that class for anything else.

Honestly, I would not change anything about my four years here because these are the best four years. They fly by fast, and you are going to want them to slow down, even though we walk into high school and say “I can’t wait to get out of here.”

If I had to tell any incoming freshman advice it would be don’t wish these years away because these are going to be the best years yet, and you are going to want them back.

As a famous singer Trace Adkins says in his song You’re gonna miss this, “You’re gonna miss this/ You’re gonna want this back/ You’re gonna wish these days hadn’t gone by so fast/ These are some good times/ So take a good look around/ You may not know it now/ But you’re gonna miss this.”

I am going to miss these years, but it’s time to move on to bigger and better things at William Penn University.