Band and Orchestra students honored with recognition

Back to Article
Back to Article

Sophomore Daijanay Rodriguez was recently recognized as an Honor Band member for the BOCH Festival to be held at UNO on January 24-26. Here she performs with the marching band during football.

Paxton DeVault

Paxton DeVault

Paxton DeVault

Kelsie Anderson, Reporter

Recently, several students auditioned for the Band, Orchestra, and Choir Honor (BOCH) Festival at the University of Nebraska – Omaha, and five band students made it, while two more were made alternates.

Sophomore Ryan Hogueison and junior Emile Bostic were honored in the Wind Ensemble, and senior Madison Baxter and sophomores Daijanay Rodriguez and Alyssa Denman made the Honor Band.

Alternates were Eleana Lemus and Helena Sifuentes, both freshmen.

Also, this past Saturday, December 14th, five students auditioned for SWIBA Honor Band and two made it! Sophomore Eli Dross and junior Emile Bostic.

“Eli and Emile auditioned last year and I am proud of the progress they have made since the audition last year,” said TJ Band Director Jessica Todd.

Other students who auditioned were freshmen Ryan Hogueison, Elena Lemus, and Abby Franks.

“These students have been consistently having lessons with me,” said Todd. “And though some students didn’t reach their goal of making the honor band, they have gotten so close and leveled up their ability that will pay off immensely in their journey through music education.” 

Freshman Hailey Carlson has been accepted into her second Honor Orchestra of the year. She was accepted into the Iowa Junior Honors Orchestra back in November, and she has also been accepted into the BOCH Festival in their Honor Orchestra.
Carlson is one of only eight violin players to be accepted into the BOCH orchestra.

The BOCH Festival will be held at UNO on January 24 – 26, and the SWIBA Honor Band festival is January 20 in Atlantic, IA.

Story updated to reflect Orchestra honors as well.